Gift Aid

1. How does it work?
If you donate £100 to Human Hope. We will receive precisely the £100. Should you Gift Aid your donation then Human Hope will receive an extra £25 from the HMRC – increasing the value of your donation by 25%.

2. How long does the declaration last for?
The declaration normally covers past, present and future donations. In respect to the past, this means Human Hope can make a back-claim for up to four years.

3. What if I don’t pay, or stop paying, tax?
We are unfortunately unable to claim Gift Aid on your donation if you do not pay tax. Therefore, if your situation changes in the future, please inform us.

4. Who can use the Gift Aid scheme?
Anyone in the UK who has paid or will pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for the tax year (6 April to 5 April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) that they donate to will reclaim on their gifts for the current tax year can Gift Aid their donation.

5. How do I sign up for Gift Aid?
In order for us to claim Gift Aid on your donations you must provide us with your consent. The consent can be given by ticking the relevant box at time of donating; verbally over the telephone or by completing a Gift Aid declaration form and returning to the Trust.

  • Gift Aid Declaration Form (Single Donation)
  • Gift Aid Declaration Form (Multiple Donations)

6. What information must I give?
For any Gift Aid claim to be valid, you must provide your legal name, or at least a first initial and surname. You must also provide your residential address, including house number and post code.

7 . Who can claim Gift Aid?
Only an individual tax payer can claim Gift Aid. Neither businesses, crowd donations nor joint-donors (e.g. husband and wife) can claim.

8. What if I am a higher-rate taxpayer?
If you pay tax at a rate of 40% or above, you may be able to claim tax relief for donations you make. For more information, please refer to