The masjid is the heart of any Muslim community, offering much more than a place of worship. As well as offering Islamic education, it is seen as a base from which essential community services are delivered.
In the last ten years, floods and earthquakes in Pakistan have destroyed or damaged hundreds of masajid. Knowing the value of these buildings, Human Hope is repairing, renovating and fully constructing masajid around Pakistan. Priority for this project is given to rural towns and villages across Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa & Sindh provinces where there is greater need.
- The cost varies depending on the size of the Masjid.
- The smallest, a Masjid with a capacity of 120 people, requires a donation of £6500.
- A large masjid with two classrooms capacity for 250 people costs £12,850.
- Plaque & masjid names of up to 30 characters each are allowed on the masjid.
- If no name for a masjid is given in the ‘notes’ of the donation, Human Hope will decide the masjid name as chosen by the local community.
- The construction of a masjid takes from 6 to 12 months.
- Completion report will be made at the end of the project. For specific updates, please contact us via email or phone.